Lesson Plan: Geography ages 9-12
- To be able to transfer information onto a map.
- To be able to prepare for research activity effectively.
- To be able to produce an information poster.
- Can mark data accurately on a map.
- Can use appropriate Information Technology for planning and selecting information.
- Can produce an effective poster that gives clear and appealing information to an audience.
- Analysing: examine, distinguish, question, discriminate
- Applying: use, demonstrate, employ, illustrate, interpret
- Creating: design, construct, develop, assemble, compile
- Access to the Internet and the Jewel of Muscat website.
- Manila card and paper.
- Pens and coloured pencils.
In preparation for the activity:
- Recap knowledge of map reading with a quick quiz.
- Divide class into two teams. Each team writes 5 questions about map reading. Ensure they have the correct answers.
- Teams ask the questions to each other and score the answers.
- Guide and monitor the students through the activity sheet.
- Prepare 3-4 questions about how effective your poster is.
- Consumer feedback: take posters around the school asking random people (every 10th person you see) the questions. Record responses.
- Using the responses, how could you develop your poster further to ensure it was more effective for an audience?