Lesson Plan: Geography ages 13-16
- To be able to research and select information on: the ancient shipwreck; the building of the Jewel of Muscat; the early trade routes between the Middle East and China.
- To be able to produce an effective information leaflet.
- To be able to reflect on work and suggest ways to improve it.
- Can use appropriate Information Technology for planning and selecting content.
- Can design and produce a leaflet that clearly and effectively delivers information to the reader with interest.
- Can detect when there is an issue and can plan ways to solve it to enhance work.
- Applying: choose, use, write, illustrate, interpret, demonstrate
- Creating: design, formulate, develop, construct, assemble
- Evaluating: appraise, select, value, defend, judge, assess
- Access to the Internet and the Jewel of Muscat website.
- Examples of information leaflets (Teachers to source these from museums, Tourism Oman, etc.)
- Computer lab and printers.
- A4 paper
- Brainstorm: ‘What makes a good information leaflet?’
- Give out example leaflets. Ask students to study them in pairs and give additional ideas to the initial brainstorming responses.
- Guide and monitor the students through the activity sheet.
Groups explain how their teamwork functioned. Include: What worked well in the teamwork. What posed a difficulty, and how they overcame it? Explain how they could improve their teamwork next time.